Was a really good time last night. I hope we can something like that pretty often, even if on a smaller scale. Some quick thoughts on spvp:
- it seems like the meta game has definitely moved to conditions/survive type builds. Good players can avoid burst damage specs too easily for them to be effective at the higher ranks (think 100 blades warriors and heartseeker thieves). Dodge roll/root/snare/etc and they lose.
- raid on the Capricorn sucks. Too much forced pve IMO. Sharks are too strong. Forest of Nifhel has significant pve, but it isn't forced. I feel like its very strategic in nifhel. If you steal the opposing npc it's a 50 point swing. Pretty clutch. But to do so you chance losing keep, getting killed/finished, etc.
- in a tourney build it looks like having a point defender specced to do so is nice. My necro build was so survivable that a team has to divert multiple people to my point in order to take it before I get reinforced. Again, the meta looks to be condition/survival.
- take supply camps! If you have had the pleasure of smashing your face against a keep/tower door for 20 minutes as the defenders continually repair it you'll know what I mean. No supply in the enemy base = no repairs or supply to build defensive siege equipment.
- remember to check your map. The Zerg isn't always in the right place at the right time. A group of 5-6 people splitting off is often enough to move the herd.
- the meta game for WvWvW so far has been aoe, Rez Rez Rez, finish finish finish. Can't stress enough how crucial finishing opponents and rezzing friendlies is. It isn't like spvp where you are back in the fight in 15 seconds. It may take 2 minutes or more to run back to where the fight is. That can be devastating if you lose a few people.
- never ever ever ever leave a base without taking supply with you! Supply will build rams, siege equipment and repair doors. Nothing worse than watching the frame for a ram get destroyed because nobody had supply with them.
- have a travel spec ready to go in WvWvW. Most classes have some sort of movement speed buff from items or skills. Keep them ready in your inventory and switch them out before the fight. 10% movement speed can make a big difference getting back to a tense fight.
- don't be afraid to buy siege equipment. It's awesome to see how powerful some siege gear can be. There is truly a psychological aspect to it. Watching 5 people get blown 10 yards apart by a flaming boulder or seeing your group decimated by a flying cow makes you think twice about pushing that door/standing on that wall. Very very cool stuff.
That's about it for now. Feel free to add thoughts
Onihoof: That sounds far less frustrating than targeting adds in another instance
Blake: "In Patch 7.2, while in combat, you will no longer be able to accidentally tab to a target that is out of combat with you. Furthermore, you’re no longer able to tab to a target that neither your character nor your camera can see."
Miyamotoi: we got bump to 16
Onihoof: Hey Cordia, check number 12 for the realm: http://www.wowprogress.com/challenge/us/connected-ner-zhul/?class=darkheart-thicket
Miyamotoi: i've update our guild on wowprogress.com might help recruitment http://www.wowprogress.com/guild/us/ner-zhul/Crimson+Eye
Onihoof: Ok i was wrong
Onihoof: Not sure if anyone noticed, but i believe they made legendaries from pre-legion available for transmog
Onihoof: Posted a poll to get raid days from people, take a look when you have a moment
Wrayth: Oh snap. Reflexive
Reflexive: Already checking it out :) I'll probably be transferring my Pally back once I get settled on my Druid.
Mizeri: oooo boy
Onihoof: You gonna come check out legion?
Onihoof: OOOOOOOH Reflexive
Reflexive: And Rohan will answer.
Blake: Yeah I'm playing WoW casually with my wife now. All are welcome to come hang out. Horde on Ner'zhul :)
Chokahn Kyle: So, Blake is playing WOW again and I might check it out
Onihoof: Rarely, I think
Nymara: anyone still come here..?
Chokahn Kyle: excuse me, 2nd and goal with 2 timeouts and 40 seconds to play. Inexplicable.